We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to take on the role of CORE Development Officer.
Salary Grade: £10,425 (£26,063 pro rata)
Conditions: Non-contributory pension of 5% (after six consecutive months); 10 days annual leave; 15 hour week. 2 days per week
Terms: Part-Time, 2yrs
Background to CORE
The Coalition for Race Equality brings together many of the UK's leading black and minority ethnic voluntary and community organisations for the promotion of race equality. The Secretariat for the Coalition for Race Equality will be provided by a partnership between Race on the Agenda (ROTA) and Voice4Change England (V4CE) with ROTA as the lead partner, the employer and the financially accountable body. The two organisations have close ties and significant experience of coordinating and servicing networks of BAME organisations to campaign on race equality issues.
V4CE and ROTA support the Black and Minority Ethnic Voluntary and Community Sector to enable BAME populations to actively shape collective life and to build an inclusive and equal society, free of racism and other forms of discrimination. This partnership will support CORE as a dynamic, coherent and relevant voice for policy development, campaigning and local, regional and national action. V4CE and ROTA are founder members of CORE. Both organisations are charitable companies. ROTA and V4CE both have accessible premises.
Overarching Responsibilities will include:
- Convening and facilitating meetings of CORE members and partner organisations to respond to local, regional or national issues and opportunities in raising issues of importance to BAME organisations and the people they represent.
- Working with organisations across the UK to create campaigns and messages to shift public perceptions around race and racism
- Gather, synthesise, summarise and share intelligence on relevant issues as decided by CORE members
- Develop briefings and responses to consultations in relation to key government policy and relevant development in the sector
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is 12 noon, Monday 25th November 2019 (by post or email). Successful candidates will be notified by Thursday 28th November 2019 to attend an interview, likely to be on 3rd December 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
CVs will not be accepted. Applications can be made only through the ROTA application form which must be returned along with the equal opportunities monitoring form by:
- Email to: email@example.com or
- Post to Saifur Valli, Race on the Agenda, Resource for London,
356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.